Wednesday, August 15, 2012

From Day Zero!

I can feel it! This is gonna be great!

At 33,110 feet!

I'm in the airplane right now. We'll be traveling a lot so I guess I'll be taking the time to write every time we are heading somewhere so I can keep these memorable and crazy adventure a little updated.

I had an amazing weekend after a ridiculously crazy and busy school term. It all started with a graduation party in honor of Franklin and kelvin. The next day we went for lunch to one of my favorite restaurants, Tucanos! So good! I love pao de queijo! Shortly after that, I headed back to work and decided to go to Salt Lake to party rock with my precious friends and talk more seriously with Andrea about our upcoming trip since we both were in school before and it was hard to coordinate some things and they were very time consuming haha! Trip had been planned out but we had to look at the details and other plans B in case things don't work out as planned. Also, we had to thing about what was going to be our attitude towards problems that come up, which is a really good thing to look at.

We spent our weekend doing a lot of the things we love the most like eating sushi! David Polk joined us! David is a great friend of us. We love him so much! He spoils us! He is originally from Florida and has American and Vietnamese blood. He is very smart, very cool, chill, spiritual, talented and laughs at everything we say. We laugh hard the whole time we are together. We hadn't seen him in a long time because he was doing study abroad in Argentina. He studies Architecture and is a very outstanding student. He plans on going to Harvard or UC Berkeley for grad school. I want him to design my future house! :)

Last night, David and Andrea picked me up to take me to salt lake and be ready the next day to head to the airport. We went to bed super late with Andrea, we always stay up till late talking :) It wasn't hard to wake up bright and early, it's exciting to share a good trip with someone who is similar to you and likes almost the same things.

David came to pick us up in the morning, we got some breakfast to go, we got to the airport right on time. We were about to go through security when the officer didn't let us in because of our two last names. Our flight tickets only had our first last name and our ID's had two so he wanted to see both last names in the flight ticket as well which was ridiculous! I have always traveled with only one last name in my flight ticket, plus here in the States are used to only one last name, all places I go they always do that.

So we had to run to where we got our flight ticket and see if they could do something to change it. Well, they could do something with Andrea's but not with mine. It was 11:08 AM and our flight would leave at 11:30 AM. Great! I freaked out only thinking about the wait for the next flight that I didn't know how long that was going to take. So I thought, "No, we're gonna make it on time no matter what! Our plans cannot be frustrated!" so we took our shoes off and told people in line that we were gonna miss our flight so they could let us go first. People was cool about it and the other officer didn't even say anything about my ID issue, just like it's always been!!! So we passed through security really fast and our gate was so far away but we ran fast to our gate and caught our flight just right on time! Yes we made it! Ooh baby!!! THAT WAS PART OF THIS ADVENTURE! So crazy! We ate our to go brakefast in the airplane, but it wasn't warm :(

We landed in Denver, Colorado. We had a kind of long layover so we went to explore the different shops and took some pictures. Airports always have nice settings where you can get really nice shots!

Great! We ate really fast since we had like 4 hours of flight to New York. We are very excited. Now I can really feel it, this is gonna be good! I love this sensation! I love being away from my reality and just admiring and enjoying life in a different setting! I love diversity! Can't wait to see the NY lights from above!



First stop: NEW YORK CITY. It will be my second time in that beautiful city, and it's Andrea's first time! She'll fall in love with that city as much as I did. I really would love to live there eventually :)

2 comments: