Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Giving Back

I stop and stare at my world, then I can see more clearly how much I have been given. Instead of me paying the consequences of some decisions, someone else is being used as an instrument to make my life better and happier.

I recognize how easy and fast is to forget the most important things when I get caught up by other important things. I read the other day that the greatest lessons we can learn in this life are lessons "that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not." I always see myself  having more time to do the things that make me happy and spending more time with those I love, but that is in an "illusive and nonexistent future." Instead, I want to find joy now and I want to do what makes me happy now. My family makes me very happy, serving others makes me very happy too. It's time to give back. My family is more important than anything else, I will travel home on May to spend time with my family instead of working to save up more money for the future. I understand I have responsibilities as a woman who is preparing herself for her future family, but life is now and sometimes that is hard to understand or accept. 

Who have you rescued?

I want to be successful like many people out there but I want to use my education, talents and other abilities to bless others who are less fortunate. I really want to be the change I want to see in the world, I don't want to think only about me working in Wall Street or in a big city; I want to see myself making others happy.

My greatest happiness will never be the amount of titles I held as a professional but my greatest satisfaction and happiness will be the people I could rescued.

I hope I can join organizations that help to fight poverty by using business tools,  I had a class today about microfinance and how that has helped in the development of many communities in different countries around the world. I know I can help in so many ways and that I will figure out for sure how my gifts and abilities can benefit a community. The poor are poor because they lack of opportunities.

The reason why I have the opportunities I have so far is because someone with desires like mine decided to hire my dad, who never attended high-school. This person always looked after my dad's family and helped my dad to develop himself in what he was good at. My dad became an entrepreneur and he was able to give his family better opportunities for life. He is a wise man.


Going on a mission

I have decided to serve a full time service mission this fall, now is the perfect time. I don't care how old I am or how old I will be when I get back, the future is so uncertain that I should not care about what the future may have for me, my present is flying by and my life has to be used for something more at this time.

I want my life to be useful for others. 




No comments:

Post a Comment