Monday, July 23, 2012

Winner: A Big Thing For Me

Competing was a big thing for me. I used to worry a lot about winning and I cried every time I lost a competition. I used to be more competitive than now because I was very involved in a winner-loser setting and I wanted to be outstanding but later on in the general settings of my life like school and work, I care about being an outstanding worker and student but at the same time I just care about giving my very best and becoming the best I can be. I don't seek to compete against people in particular. I think like this: "If the means of giving my very best take me to the 1st place, that is great! If not, I might need to do things differently." I compete only against me towards what I want and where I want to be. I might not always reach the 1st place but it's about giving my very best right? True thing is that there are a lot of people better than me in so many ways, and that is great! I don't worry too much about it, they are just my inspiration and I hope I can be like them someday :) In fact, I loved this great quote from Jeffrey R. Holland, “There are going to be times in our lives when someone else gets an unexpected blessing or receives some special recognition. May I plead with us not to be hurt—and certainly not to feel envious—when good fortune comes to another person? We are not diminished when someone else is added upon. We are not in a race against each other to see who is the wealthiest or the most talented or the most beautiful or even the most blessed. The race we are really in is the race against sin."
 Some of the medals I won from track and tennis. I was all about sports. I started competing in track and tennis in1998. I stopped in 2004 not playing tennis or doing track but playing basketball and badminton. I had an amazing time and I experienced great feelings of victory as well as sad feelings of losing. Sometimes is okay not being the winner but the best of it is knowing that you gave your very best!

No comments:

Post a Comment