Monday, February 25, 2013

Little Acts of Kindness


  • I was in such a hurry, I needed to be on time to have pictures taken at my friend's wedding. I had been packing the whole day to move to another city. Shannon, my roommate started to iron my bridesmaid dress and I was able to get out of my house on time.
NYC
  • I was in New York City for the very first time, I had posted on Facebook a picture of me in Times Square,  I got a phone call from a friend that lived there, he told me he saw on Facebook that I was in NYC so he invited me to spend the night at his place so I did not have to go all the way back to Connecticut late at night where I was staying with another friend.
  • A very busy day and I had not had the chance to fold my clothes after doing my laundry. I went to work and spent the whole day there and when I got home, Lauren, one of my roommates had folded all my clothes.
  • Worried at the hospital on Christmas Eve, my mom was very sick with blood in her brain, I was there by myself and my friend Fernando brought me a delicious dinner, chocolate cake and a drink from his house. He cheered me up.
  • Not even asking for a ride from the airport to a place I had never been before, Mary offered to go pick me up before I asked, she bought me some food and let me stay at her house for a week until I found a place for me.
When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace. ~ Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment